As you will know, the success of any business all comes down to the number of leads you can successfully work. Many products and services offered by B2B companies won’t be purchased on the spot and plenty of time needs to be taken with each customer. Rather than just sitting back and letting leads come in themselves, it’s best to take a proactive approach with many options available.
Whilst emails, SEO and telemarketing have had their success in the past, something that’s starting to make waves in marketing is the creating and sharing of content. It’s possible to attract customers by creating content that they’ll be interested in. This is known as content marketing.
According to research from The Content Marketing Institute, nine out of ten B2B marketers are now using content marketing. This shows how much the technique has popularised in the last few years.
So let’s take a closer look at generating leads for B2B. There are five excellent methods below.
- Organise a webinar: Choose a topic that’ll interest your target audience and create a title that’ll reel them in. Throughout the webinar, run a few surveys, so by the end you have a number of contacts and ready to use leads.
- Utilise LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a great place to communicate with businesses and by creating a group you can easily share your company’s details. Ensure to create a theme that’ll target the right audience and watch the group grow. Each person to join the group is effectively a lead.
- Slideshare presentations: Many experts see Slideshare as a hidden gem. Effectively it’s an online resource where millions of potential customers can view informative presentations. The more you give to this, the more you’ll see in return. Ensure there’s a strong call to action and this will help you flourish.
- Whitepapers: Whitepapers are probably the most established content marketing tactic and will always provide interest. Customers will need to download content and can then get in touch once they’ve taken all the information in.
- Online surveys: Everyone loves a survey, so target the audience your product is useful for and get those surveyed to sign up so you have all their details in your database.
Of course, these techniques aren’t the only ways you can utilise content marketing, but they would definitely be some of the more effective methods. What’s important to know is each of them utilises social media, which can only be a good thing. Social media should always be your platform for marketing and can be a very powerful tool for B2B.