If you’ve just bought a new van and are looking for insurance, you’ll want to make sure you get the best price. So take a look at these tips to ensure that you get a great deal.
1. Start your search online
These days there are so many price comparison sites that it can be difficult to know where to start. But get quotes from a range of them, as you may find that one site can offer you a better price for the same provider.
Remember that no all insurers are on comparison sites, so it’s worth checking out some of the more well-known providers that aren’t featured on them.
2. Be consistent and accurate with the information you provide
When you fill out online van insurance forms, make sure you are 100% accurate with the information you provide. Your insurance could be cancelled if the insurer finds that any information is false. Making sure everything is correct will also ensure that you get the right product for your needs.
3. Make sure you get the right amount of cover
There are different levels of van insurance cover that you can take out, and they vary in price. Some of the types of cover you can get are:
- Goods in transit: Protects your tools and stock if anything is stolen or damaged whilst in your van
- Fire & theft: If your van is damaged by fire or stolen, the insurance could help you get the market value price
- Breakdown cover: It’s not cheap if you need to be recovered at the roadside, so breakdown cover will ensure that you are covered if you need to call out someone to get you back on the road
- Fleet cover: If you’ve got lots of vans, you can save money by taking out a fleet insurance policy to cover all the vans you own
4. Consider getting a dash cam
These days, lots of insurers offer a discount if you use a dashcam to record your journeys. It’ll be much easier to prove fault in an accident if you have one installed. Some insurers may give you a dashcam for free with some premium policies.
5. Be a great driver
Don’t fall into the stereotype of a ‘white van driver’. If you’re a careful driver and don’t make any claims, you’ll get a bigger discount on most policies. You could also consider protecting your no claims discount, but this will cost money.
6. Use Smart Savings to get a quote
As a Quotatis member, you get access to hundreds of offers from retailers, brokers and food and drink outlets with Smart Savings. It also stretches to van insurance and breakdown cover, so make sure you take a look at the discounts we can offer you thanks to our partners. You might find that we can beat the comparison sites!